Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Beginner's Point of View 64-65

Day 64:

No class because of the holiday.

Day 65:

I don’t know how, but I must have slightly sprained by left foot at the base of the big toe during last class. It’s been stiff for days and I’ve still had to walk on it. It’s been getting better slowly, but I still had to go to class with it stiff.

This should be the last time I have to stick to the beginner class exclusively to get back into the swing of things. I seemed to do fine, although halfway through class I seemed to limp from the pain of working my toe. It’s on the left foot so I use it for propelling myself forward and balancing myself going backward.

We did a lot of drills to strike, then pass on through today. It was men and pass on through, men and pass on through, and kote and pass on through. In the end, we took turns striking an advanced student on his men and passing through. Good drills.

By the end of class, my toe felt better. I guess it needed to be flexed and the lack of class on the holiday let it stiffen up. I should be fine by next week. This weekend, I need to maintain my shinai and rotate the staves.

No comments:

Post a Comment