Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Beginner's Point of View 453-454

Day 453:

Iaido was three times kata for practice. I tried to make sure to keep my left hand down for a smoother cut.

In Kendo, our normal instructor was out so our current Sensei took over. We did warm-ups that I remember him telling me he does. It was fifty times suburi, including men, kote, doh, and haya-suburi. That really taxed us all for breath. He was all right because he’s used to it.

Then we did punishing amounts of suri-ashi drills. Over and over and over and over… I had to sit out before the end. I felt like falling over.

When I got my breath back, I got into line and did kiri-kaeshi and menouchi until I was out of breath again. I stayed out for the rest of class. When it was time for ending rei-hou, I forgot my men and had to be corrected about standing high in line without full bogu. That was embarrassing.

Day 454:

No class today as I am sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment