Friday, October 11, 2013

A Beginner's Point of View 517-518

Day 517:

Today was a great practice. We really ground repetitions over and over to build endurance.

We did kiri-kaeshi, several men-ouchi, kote-kiri-kaeshi, kote-ouchi, doh-kiri-kaeshi, doh-ouchi, kote-suriage-men, and men-debana-kote. I was exhausted.

We finished with several rounds of ji-geiko and then we broke up for kata. I practiced a full seven kata with the instructor. Overall, he said I was much better and did not have any significant errors. Just fix a few little things like looking back at the uchidachi sooner to match gazes.

Day 518:

Today was a hard day. It was cold and rainy. I must be getting old because I like this weather but it sapped my strength.

Kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, doh-ouchi, men-debana-kote, kote-suriage-men, ai-ouchi-men, and a couple rounds of ji-geiko. I feel that flexing my left wrist makes strike better. I sparred with a classmate of mine who seems to have adopted ‘my’ nuki-men technique. I only say that because I used to use that waza against him all of the time and now he’s started to use it against me. It’s actually funny because I have a hard time defending against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment