Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 668-669

Day 668:

No class today as I am ill.

Day 669:

Back to class after being sick and injured. I feel off but I need to go back to class for exercise.

In Iaido class, I did two sets of kata and did well. Even remembered to turn my feet towards my thrusting opponent in the tenth kata. Sensei called myself and another student to show a new student the scenario for the tenth kata. Afterwards, we were done. We finished a few more spare kata and class was over.

In Kendo class, I was behind the others in class with suburi but that’s to be expected. We did several round of kiri-kaeshi and kihon waza. I could feel my strength ebbing with each new drill. After a new drills of men and then ai-men and then kote-men and then finish with ai-kote and men I got some chest pains. That’s my body’s sign for “You’re done”. I completed half of class and sat out the rest. I missed some more hard drills and ji-geiko.

I forgot to pay dues today. There’s a meeting we’ll have later this week so I’ll bring dues then.

No comments:

Post a Comment