Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 674-675

Day 674:

In Iaido class, we got to practice about 9 kata before Sensei called for a group exercise. As a class we crossed the floor using a vertical cut eight times. Then we did a drill when we did the turn in the sixth kata with the cut. Afterwards, I was so dizzy I almost fell over. Sensei said to lead with the head more to avoid being dizzy. We spent the rest of the class doing kata. I finished my set and half of the next.

In Kendo, our other Sensei did not show up so our other nidan taught the class. He definitely gave this some thought. He wanted a class to teach no hesitation and take center by pushing forward rather than to the side. It was more advanced than the class I would have taught.

We did kihon and lots of low-energy waza to take center. Seme drills, take-center-and-strike, making openings, kote-men, and then ji-geiko.

Day 675:

No class today as I am ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment