Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Beginner's Point of View 84-85

Day 84:

Today I am very sore in the legs from the seminar. So instead of jumping right back in, I showed up to the beginner class to ease my way back into it. Today we incorporated that new suburi into the warm-up routine and it was a little bit easier this time. I still don’t know what it is called.

We went back to practicing the “one-step” strikes to get them down. In fact, we were trying to work on increasing the distance of our men strikes. It turns out that I do not even need the saki-gawa to cross the other saki-gawa in order to strike men. I can start moving from about half an inch or so distance between the saki-gawa and strike men. I still must move forward a large step in order to do this and reach to my maximum arm length.

I was very quick on my feet, which gratified me. I was worried that performing Kendo on the hard gymnasium floor would sprain my left ankle. I was a little winded by the end of practice, but not enough to bother me. Perhaps I am gaining a little more stamina as I keep training. My wrists were starting to get sore by the end of practice, so I decided not to stay for the advanced class. I will rest them during the week and see how they feel next week.

Day 85:

No class as I am working late at my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment