Monday, July 2, 2012

A Beginner's Point of View 379-386

Day 379-384:

More progress on my attempt to heal my liver. I can’t wait to get the blood tests back later in the year.

Day 385:

Today is my first day back at Iaido. It felt really good to be back in the dojo. The place looked exactly the same. I missed even the squeaky floorboards.

I went through a full set of kata and was embarrassed at the fact that I had forgotten the tenth kata! I had to stand there and search my memory to find it. Eventually I remembered and finished. I was breathing strongly and needed a drink of water.

I went to complete a second set and felt very drained. I had forgotten to keep the ki-saki down when finishing the fourth kata, like I was on autopilot. I got some more water and knelt in seiza for a few minutes.

Then I powered my way through the third set of kata. I tried not to push hard, but to just do them. I was slow, with many pauses, but I finished. Even through there was about seven minutes left in class, I was drained. I bowed out and paid for the month. It turns out that if I only go to Iaido then I get a discount. Nice, but it just reminded me of not being able to do Kendo.

Day 386:

No class today as it is a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment