Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Beginner's Point of View 387-388

Day 387:

I smashed my left toes over the weekend and they’re still hurting. I hope I’m good enough for next class.

Day 388:

Today my toes felt better, almost healed. They’re still purple, but flexible. I went to class and there was a function in the area. The community center had a large event, so the area was crowded. I almost didn’t find a parking space.

We got in late because the building was locked. An employee opened the doors and let us all inside. I changed into my uniform and went out right away. Sensei was there, and he looked better than he’s been in a while. No grimace of pain when he cuts. I spent the practice time pushing myself slowly to last through the class.

My sword felt heavy, my toes stung if I turned on them, and I messed up the eighth kata by taking an extra turning step. However, it felt really good to be back to class.

I asked the instructor to watch me and tell me what he thgouth after I had been out for months.

When class was over, I noticed that Head Sensei was present! What a time not to be good enough to be at Kendo! I talked to him briefly and he was shocked to hear about my liver injury. He seemed to think the doh strikes shouldn’t contribute too much to my health but when I told him about the aggravated growth in my liver, he seemed satisfied. He encouraged me to work with the doctor and not to rush coming back. I’m glad he has my well-being at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment