Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Beginner's Point of View 405-406

Day 405:

Today I had to move all of the furniture and it made me very tired. I was actually breathing a little shallower as I started. Not a good way to start a class. I hope my liver will recover. My next appointment with the doctor is in a few months.

I only had the energy to complete two sets of kata before my energy gave out. My swings are smoother but a few still wobbled downwards. I need to be more calm and less intent on finishing strong. Also, my weight is not distributed well. I sometimes wobble on my feet when striking.

Day 406:

The floor was mostly clear today because one of the cleaning staff had been working just before I arrived. I only had to move the sofas. I was brimming with energy when I started class.

I completed three full sets of kata. I was swinging strongly but smoothly. I was calm and drawing better, too.

I saw that there were two new students singing papers. I wonder if they are here for Iaido or Kendo.

No comments:

Post a Comment