Friday, September 28, 2012

A Beginner's Point of View 409-410

Day 409:

Today was not a good day. My abdomen was sore all day. After clearing and sweeping the floor I barely had the energy to complete two sets of kata.

Day 410:

Today was a lucky day. I felt okay at work and I didn’t have to clear the floor tonight. I went into kata with a passion. Keeping in line with the great circle technique, I blazed through two sets of kata right away. Still, class was half over so I went for another round of kata. I should have stopped for water and a minute to rest. Once I got to the fourth kata I smacked the tsuba against my hand.

After that, I had no energy. My cuts were lethargic and I was wobbly on my feet. It was visible that I was having a hard time. After practice, the instructor told me to slow down and not go so fast. I think if I can remember to breath between each cut, I should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment