Friday, November 2, 2012

A Beginner's Point of View 419-420

Day 419:

No class today because of severe weather.

Day 420:

Today another student showed up with no experience. The instructor spent all of his time teaching him instead. He did take the time to come over and let me ask a question. I asked about the tsuki in the eighth kata. Our printed lessons say that you thrust to the solar plexus. However, we’ve always been taught to thrust up through the ribcage and into the heart. We found out that thrusting to the solar plexus is feasible when your step away for the turn involves moving backwards.

I completed three sets of kata today, but that was only because I was hurrying. I get to anxious trying to add new moves into a kata that I wind up being too eager to make the actual cut. I just need to calm down and be smoother instead of faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment