Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Beginner's Point of View 439-440

Day 439:

Today I started doing two sets of kata. Then we did practice tests. The instructor said I got 5:45 and 5:47 for times. That’s right about perfect for a target time. All I have to remember is to take a deep, slow breath between kata. I still look awkward going into tate-heiza. He said I need to not slide my right foot forward and just keep it still going down, even to the knee.

Day 440:

Against the same day. Two times sets of kata and then two practice tests. I got times around the 5:50 mark which is good. The instructor said that I look somewhere around the ni-kyu level. If I can keep this up and not backslide then I’ll do well in Iaido.

Next week I give blood to the doctor for analysis. Hopefully I can get some good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment