Monday, April 29, 2013

A Beginner's Point of View 469-470

Day 469:

Today when I showed up, I was the only one there. There was someone who showed up looking for lessons. I had to do my Iaido kata myself and then stop early. I started to show the new guy a few things about Kendo like talking about the bogu and how to stand and hold the sword.

Then the instructor shows up and lets me know that the national federation has lost its insurance. Officially, there is no practice. However, another student showed up and we had an unofficial practice directly into advanced practice for over an hour. I had to stop after many iterations of waza. We did kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, sashi-men-ouchi. I had to rest and recover before going back in for and kote-ouchi, sashi-kote-ouchi, harai, kote-ouchi, and kakarigeiko.

Day 470:

We did two sets of Iaido kata during a warm and humid day. I was sweating and gasping.

In Kendo we did warm-ups, suburi, and okuri-ashi before doing a hard day of men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, and kiri-kaeshi. I just couldn’t bring myself to finish the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment