Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Beginner's Point of View 485-486

Day 485:

Today was a perfect day. It was warm but not too hot and not very humid. Perfect for training.

In Iaido, I performed a full set of kata and about three-quarters of another set of kata when I had some bad abdominal pain. I felt sick, so I went home. I’m really upset at being sick enough to need to go home. It was such a perfect day to train.

Day 486:

Another perfect day. Not too hot and not too humid. I had a good deal of energy, so I did three and a half sets of Iaido kata.

In Kendo class, the instructor spent a lot of time giving lectures. That gave me a lot of time to recover my breath.

We had a lot of okuri-ashi and fumi-komi work. I need to stop raising my right foot so much.

During waza practice, the instructor told me to stop raising my shinai so soon. I need to ride the line for tsuki into a sashi-men. It’s much faster. It’s just like how a previous guest sensei said not to show the cutting edge too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment