Friday, July 26, 2013

A Beginner's Point of View 495-496

Day 495:

No class today as I am sick.

Day 496:

In Iaido, I did two and a half sets of kata. A student walked over and told me I was holding my sword wrong. He showed me how to hold the sword better and it did help my chiburi from overhead.

In Kendo, I’m back from being sick. I hope I’m not going to sit out. We did suburi fast and hard like Head Sensei suggested. It did really drive home physically the idea of cutting. For waza, we did kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, and a new drill. Both people step together into sashi-men range. The attacker steps forward and then back and then the attacker should be in range then. There was ji-geiko to do, but I missed out to just random position in the rotation. I was in the out position and then had to receive for a student who was in his first class with the rest of us. It’s okay. I’ll get it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment