Monday, February 9, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 650-651

Day 650:

Today I was distracted again. My mind kept wandering. Still, I completed three sets of kata just in time. Sensei was right about Iaido makes your mind wander.

In Kendo, we worked on kihon and then some bokutou-kihon-waza. We pracied the first four kata with bokken and then moved itno performing the same thing with shinai and bogu. Kihon, kote-men, harai-men, and the men-tai-atari-hiki-doh.

Day 651:

Iaido had one of our rare structured classes! We worked on the first three kata together as a group. It was great. I liked practicing together instead of individually. After several iterations, I finished a full set by myself.

Today was a hard day in Kendo. I didn’t feel well all day. My chest felt tight all morning and even at practice. Still, I pushed on. After kihon, we had a lecture about good footwork. We then had a hard day of practice. Kiri-kaeshi, men-kote-doh-ouchi, kote-men-ouchi, harai-men-ouchi, kote-kote-men-ouchi.

Then we had a rare open-ji-geiko. We had to fight at least four different people before finishing. After a while, I felt like one of the sensei in free practice after a tournament. Students would line up to fight me. I finished fighting four students and then received kakari-geiko from a beginner with no bogu.

The entire second half of practice today was done on the ragged edge of health. I could feel how close to collapse I was but I managed my energy well and finished class. I should relax this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment