Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 654-655

Day 654:

No class today because of the weather.

Day 655:

Today we had a structured Iaido class. We practiced the first 4 kata together. Afterwards, we had two practice tests. I nailed my standard times. First was 5:46 and then after it was 5:44. The advice from sensei was to be more swift and smooth for drawing and cutting, and then slowly on the post cut and zanshin.

In Kendo, we had a hard practice to compensate for missing practices. We did several rounds of kiri-kaeshi, kihon, and debana-waza.

We then did some Kendo kata. I paired with my fellow nidan. We practiced the first seven kata and I was uchidachi. We both messed up the sixth kata. It’s been forever since we practiced. Then we tried to practice the shoto kata. We completely forgot the katas. We even forgot the rei-hou for having both swords. We need to read up on the kata and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment