Friday, June 5, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 684-685

Day 684:

Today I went back to class. I hope I did not push myself too hard and reinjure myself. End of next week is our tournament.

In Iaido class I completed three full sets. No pain yet.

In Kendo class, I was asked to warm up the class. I chose not to do the haya-suburi fully just to be safe. After kihon, we did some kiri-kaeshi and then sensei joined us. He had us do a class to make openings. We practiced step-men, harai-men, harai-kote, osai-men, uchi-komi-geiko (openings), kakari-geiko (no openings), and ji-geiko.

I hope I didn’t push myself too hard. Hamstrings are notorious to re-injure.

Day 685:

In Iaido class, I did 2 full sets and nine kata. Still no pain.

Our other nidan was out today, so I was asked to teach the beginners. Repeating his lessons about walking and 3-step men, I added lessons on two-step men, three-step kote, and two-step kote. I added a few Japanese words to round out the class.

One of the students looked really fatigued at the end. He said he saw black spots. I told him to relax and sit down. After a minute, he was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment