Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 698-699

Day 698:

In Iaido class, I completed three sets of kata. Sensei corrected me on the third kata. I was pushing my left foot too far out and then sliding my right foot to match my left foot. This makes me slide too far to the side and going out of my way.

In Kendo class, Sensei taught our beginner. Our other nidan ran the regular class. We had a day of learning to take center and using seme. Kihon drills taught the receiver to resist at first and then give an opening. In was very hot and very humid. The heat index for the day was over 100 degrees. We built in a couple of breaks so people could cool off and get water. We finished with ji-geiko and kiri-kaeshi.

Day 699:

I decided not to go to class today because of back pain from my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment