Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 732-733

Day 732:

Over this past weekend, I somehow partially sprained my Achilles Tendon in my left leg/ankle. It feels really close to a big injury. Still, it’s not bad enough to not go to dojo. I’ll just be careful.

In Iaido, I just did 2 sets of kata, plus a few spare standing kata. I feel okay.

In Kendo, my student did not show up so I joined the class. I did not run or charge, just walk through class. We did kihon drills all day. We even did suburi with shinai so we could strike men-ouchi with partners stepping back and forth. I also took it easy with ji-geiko, paying attention to center and kamae.

Day 733:

Again, my student did not show up. I’m disappointed. However, I know it’s because of his job, not laziness.

In Iaido, I completed 2.25 sets of kata. My leg feels a little better, so I must be okay.

In Kendo, we spent most of the class doing kihon and men-debana-kote. We have two beginners who have gotten their uniforms but not bogu. Sensei gave a lecture about not raising the sword up with the right hand. Push it up and forward with the left hand. I need to do that more.

No comments:

Post a Comment