Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 734-735

Day 734:

In Iaido, I actually finished 3 full sets of kata. I did kinda rush through them. I should slow down.

In Kendo, we did a full day of bokutou kihon kendo kata. We did it for a simple practice and to train beginners for the future. We practiced all nine kata for this. I should remember these in order.

Day 735:

In Iaido, I was in charge as Sensei was out today. I gave advice to a beginner who has not yet received his iaito in the mail. He needs to fix his motion for the second kata turning around. His right leg is crooked. I showed him the technique to snap the body into place ready for horizontal cut.

In kendo my fellow nidan deferred to me today. I started everyone with extra kiri-kaeshi and some kihon. Then we did something fun. We did hotseat for the whole class. After a short break the class requested deam-light. I did give a short lecture about minding the maai during kote-men or else ruin it all. It was a small taste for what it is like to be a sensei. It’s a lot of responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment