Saturday, December 5, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 736-737

Day 736:

Today in Iaido, that student of mine showed up again. He took a lesson for Iaido from sensei. We had several people show up so the space was crowded. I had to wait several times for others to be out of the way, I could only complete 2.25 sets of kata. Still, I keep rushing and screwing up the cuts.

In Kendo, I spent the class teaching the new student. We reviewed rei, suri-ashi, 2-step men and then introduced 2-step kote. Afterwards, I stepped into the end of class for kiri-kaeshi and ji-geiko.

Day 737:

In Iaido, I completed 2 sets of kata, trying to make my cuts smoother. After going to that special session, I’m not satisfied with my techniques at all. Sensei gave a lecture on the ninth kata. You must thrust with the hips and feet, not the hands.

In Kendo, my student did not show up. In class, we did kiri-kaeshi, and kihon. There were three beginners, making sure there were lots of times to rest between waza. My left Achilles tendon and hamstring are aching for some reason. Also a new pain occurs. My right big toe’s bones are crunching together. I don’t understand why. I hope this won’t be a problem for the upcoming Iaido seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment