Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 740-741

Day 740:

In Iaido I went slower than usual. I was trying to cut right. I only had time for 2 sets of kata.

In Kendo, we had a day full of repetition. After several rounds of kiri-kaeshi, we did a lot of repetitions of kihon strikes. Then we finished with a couple of rounds of ji-geiko. We had another visit by a kendoka. However, it turns out he has a zekken with our logo. I guess he’s a member of our dojo but doesn’t come very often. He also stands in the middle of the lineup.

Day 741:

In Iaido, I showed up early and kept going long. I completed 3 sets of kata. I was on fire today.

One of our new students introduced his girlfriend as a new student. I volunteered to teach her. We started with a combination of the first 2 days on the schedule. We did standing, walking, 2-step men, and then a primer on basic manners. She’s very short so I need to adapt for a shorter stride when teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment