Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Beginner's Point of View 750-751

Day 750:

In Iaido class, we practiced the 3rd kata. I seem to be doing well. Very few corrections from sensei. I just need to feel where my feet slide back parallel. Also, be sure of the left hand not flexing too much finishing the cut.

In Kendo, I was feeling down. It’s kinda like my symptoms for liver damage. Tired and not strong.

We did leg strengthening exercises and then suri-ashi. We did the wrist exercises to develop a snap in our men-ouchi. We did a new stretch where we raise up, then lunge, then bring up our back leg while swinging the shinai. I tried to keep going to the end. I just barely made it.

Day 751:

In Iaido, we finished the 3rd kata by doing it with a second person to show the attacker’s space and position. I’m getting the hang of it. We used our bokutou to avoid iaito damage. In the 4th kata, I seem to be leaning forward during the tsuka-ate.

In Kendo, I was feeling much better. We did several leg strengthening exercises, wrist exercises, and those snapping men strikes.

We had a guest sensei today as well. He was very fast. We did several kihon waza, focusing on a good men strike. I even got ji-geiko with guest sensei. I got one good men strike…while he got at least 3 strikes. I’m not really up to his level. Still, it’s about doing your best. I was breathless after class, but not feeling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment