Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Beginner's Point of View 758-759

Day 758:

No class today because of the weather.

Day 759:

In Iaido class, I got to complete 2 sets of kata plus a few spare sets of standing kata. This new sword is so very light compared to my previous sword. I used to just start sweating when I completed 2 sets but this? I’m not even breathing hard. I’m going to buy it. I just need to remember to twist my hip for noto.

In Kendo, I was asked to teach the class. I decided to give everyone something hard to work on. We worked up to it using kiri-kaeshi, kihon, kihon, kote-men, and doh-kiri-kaeshi-with-tsuki. The waza of the day was kote-doh-ouchi. It’s really hard to do, especially if you step lightly in between waza. We finished with ji-geiko.

No comments:

Post a Comment