Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Beginner's Point of View 317-318

Day 317:

No class today. I had a prior engagement that I could not get out of.

Day 318:

In Iaido, my iaito was freshly polished and oiled. It slid in and out of the saya nicely. I practiced my kata under the gaze of the instructor. He said nothing, so I guess that means I’m doing well.

In Kendo, who should show up but Head Sensei!!! It’s been forever since I’ve seen him! I decided to do my best. I lead the class in rei-hou and suburi. We did a lot of footwork drills leading up to striking. We did better than usual. I was motodachi with three others as we received kiri-kaeshi, menouchi, and koteouchi from the students. Head Sensei did not have any comments for the class. A few of the students were pulling their arms back after a strike, so I had to correct them.

No comments:

Post a Comment