Monday, November 21, 2011

A Beginner's Point of View 319-320

Day 319:

Yesterday, I hurt my left big toe to the point where it was bleeding. I hope it won’t bother me today.

In Iaido, I practiced my kata over and over. I’m getting smoother on turning around in the second kata. My toe didn’t hurt me if I moved slowly. I need to practice moving my weight back onto my rear foot to avoid being unstable when standing.

In Kendo, Head Sensei showed up again. I led the class in rei-hou, warm-ups, and suburi. We did lots of footwork drills with kiai and fumi-komi. Then we put on men and I was motodachi for endless kiri-kaeshi and menouchi.

Day 320:

My toe is better, but the skin is stiff. It gives me excuse to slow down and do the leg movements correctly.

In Iaido, I really am putting much emphasis on the sixth and seventh katas.

In Kendo, we did a lot of footwork drills. The endless kiai with every drill left me out of breath. Still, I stayed in line. Kiri-kaeshi and menouchi was the order of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment