Monday, November 21, 2011

A Beginner's Point of View 321-322

Day 321:

In Iaido, my toe is better. I am beginning to see how I should keep my weight backwards to stabilize myself. As long as I do this, I should not wobble on my legs coming up. I’m wondering if my posture in the fourth kata is good enough. Others hold their right legs differently. Also, I was hasty is drawing today. The sword rattled in the saya coming out. Darn that misshapen interior.

In Kendo, my breath was shallow and my voice crackled a lot. After warm-ups and suburi, we had a few rounds of suri-ashi and fumi-komi. After adding in menouchi, we put on men. We did seemingly endless rounds of kiri-kaeshi and menouchi.

Day 322:

No class today as there is a holiday tomorrow. I would have preferred to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment