Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Beginner's Point of View 345-346

Day 345:

Well, I’ve been talking to the doctor and he’s found something potentially serious inside me. It might equally be just a nuisance, but it’s best to be careful. I’m going to finish the tests and visit him again for a check-up. I’m going to take a break from Kendo for a while until I’m in the clear, just to be safe. I’m mostly recovered from last weekend’s overexertion at the demo and lack of blood. Let that be a lesson. Never give blood and then do Kendo. It ruins your whole weekend.

I went to Iaido class so I can keep exercising and maintaining discipline. I did my 1-12 again and at first I was doing very well. Good posture and control. I need to keep flexing my wrists to make the circular movements nicely. As the class went on, my energy ebbed and I found it harder to keep control. I need to relax my feet so my heels can come down to almost on the floor.

Day 346:

Today was a good day for Iaido. At first, my sword swung freely in my hands. Much smoother than usual. The steel blade felt lighter than usual. I had good energy. However, halfway through the class I started losing energy. My hands were shaky and the blade felt heavier and heavier. My heart rate increased and I started to get winded. I had completed four full sets of 1-12. On the last time I did the eleventh kata, I felt wobbly, like I was dizzy. I slowed down a bit.

One of the senior students advised me to let my arms be more loose and natural in using hasso after the fifth kata. After class, I was glad to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment