Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Beginner's Point of View 397-398

Day 397:

In Iaido, Sensei showed up to help clear the floor with me. He must have gotten out of work early. There were extra things on the tables, so moving the furniture and sweeping the floor made me more tired. I still had enough energy to do two sets of kata.

I noticed the instructor when he does chiburi, he lets the ki-saki dip a couple of inches down, making the sword look like it’s dropping. When I asked him about it, he said that he really didn’t notice, so it must mean that’s how he does it. When I asked about my chiburi, he said I should be more horizontal because my sword is heavier.

Day 398:

Today I tried to push myself. I completed two sets and looked at the clock. There wasn’t enough time to do a third set, so I just practiced the fourth and fifth kata. My upswing doesn’t look too fluid into the downswing because my sword is so heavy. I guess I should just make it smoother instead of faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment