Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Beginner's Point of View 507-508

Day 507:

No class today because of the holiday.

Day 508:

Today was a day of instruction for overall refinement. After some kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, and doh-ouchi, the instructor gives me a lecture about seme. He said that I need to ride the opponent’s shinai into maai. That will transmit my spirit into my opponent.

Sensei gives his own lecture to the class about kote-suriage-men. You can do it by deflecting on either side, left or right. I like doing it on the left side because to swing to the right then up. That blocks the kote from being hit. Guest-sensei said to do it the other way. I don’t like it because it risks my kote and I’m not that fast recovering.

We did a few reps of kote-suriage-men on both sides and then some ji-geiko. I did not need to sit out all class.

No comments:

Post a Comment