Monday, September 30, 2013

A Beginner's Point of View 513-514

Day 513:

Today we had a short class. Our instructors came back from a tournament really tired. One instructor even quit after beginner class and apologized for it. The other tried not to strike too much and hide it. We did full rounds of kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, kote-kiri-kaeshi, doh-kiri-kaeshi, kote-suriage-men, men-debana-kote, harai-men, and then ji-geiko in a three man rotation.

We then did four people in a kata rotation. I got to practice the first five kata with a student and the first seven kata with my fellow shodan and the sensei. I need to remember to twist my body to face the left as shidachi in the seveth kata. In the sixth kata, the footwork is like the second kata, that allows me to drive forward into the uchidachi.

Day 514:

Today was similar to the last class. We did multiple rounds of kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, kote-kiri-kaeshi, doh-ouchi, doh-kiri-kaeshi, men-dabana-kote, and tsuki-ouchi.

I had to step out for a rest, but just for a sip of water and to wet my face. That seems to make me feel better than the sip. I stepped in for some ji-geiko and rotational kata. Rotating kata is an interesting way to do it. I look forward to a six-way rotational kata.

No comments:

Post a Comment