Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 575-576

Day 575:

Today I gave blood to the doctor. Not as much as last time but still gave blood. I only went to Iaido class today and skipped Kendo. I have a history of pushing myself unhealthy after giving blood to the doctor. It was also brutally hot today.

I completed three sets of Iaido with a few minutes to spare. I thought I would only have time for two sets but I did it. I finished with a few sets of matobori-suburi and vertical cut suburi.


Day 576:

Iaido class was cooler than previous, but still humid. I did three sets of kata and felt like I sweat a pound of water.

In Kendo class, we did suburi and then went into kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, doh-ouchi and then some ji-geiko. Sensei wanted to practice kata in preparation for our tournament and testing.

I was paired with a shodan candidate. He looks so young for shodan. Still, I was assigned to teach him, so I did. We did both shidachi and uchidachi sides twice. He really seemed agitated and excited. I told him to relax and be sure that shidachi follows uchidachi.

No comments:

Post a Comment