Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 608-609

Day 608:

In Iaido class, I only got to accomplish two and a half sets. I was really distracted. Maybe I was obsessing over being prepared for teaching today. I got my last new shinai from the club. We don’t sell equipment after this so I need to watch my shinais. When I think I need a new one, I’ll have to order two from the website. I also put in an order for the “How to Teach Kendo” book. It has great pictures and explanations.

In Kendo class, I taught my student. We reviewed rei-hou and I included standing rei. We reviewed chudan and some basic footwork. Today I introduced the three-step men. The kid was a natural. After several repetitions, I combined footwork and three-step men.

Day 609:

I finished two sets of Iaido kata today. I didn’t think I was stalling but the time flew by.

No student today, so it was Kendo class. After warm-ups and suburi, we did lots of repetitions of basic waza. Kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, quick-men-ouchi, ai-men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, and quick-kote-ouchi. The advanced waza today was men-debana-kote-ouchi. We finished with ji-geiko. Next week I go back to teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment