Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 610-611

Day 610:

I was able to complete three full sets of Iaido again. I concentrated and did not hesitate. I need to remember to cut lower horizontally across the eyes. Maybe I need to imagine cutting across “my shoulders” instead.

In Kendo, I had to teach again. My student came back and seemed eager to practice. We reviewed rei-hou and warm-ups. We went over some words in Japanese and then did some okuri-ashi in our corner of the dojo.

It was time to teach him fumi-komi, so we joined the class. However, when the class did their kiai, he left. He had an anxiety attack and refused. All I could do was try to comfort him and get him to recover. I taught him basic fumi-komi together and we practiced 2-step men with and without fumi-komi.

I added the 4-step suri-ashi drill to the mix and he finished the class today. He told me that he could only practice once per week. Next week I’ll have to compress the schedule and teach him kote and doh.

Day 611:

No class today because I am not well.

No comments:

Post a Comment