Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 622-623

Day 622:

In Iaido class, I got to complete 3 sets of kata but not without a proce. I did not use enough saya-biki. During my first tsuka-ate I stabbed the knuckle on my left hand right at the base of the index finger. Ouch.

In Kendo class, we performed suburi and kihon for the beginners. Then we practiced kote-men, harai-men, and ji-geiko. Today wasn’t hot but it was humid. It made me sweat a lot. Still good for me.

Day 623:

In Iaido class, my hand was still sore from the stabbing. Still it was good enough to practice. We did suburi and kihon. We followed up with kote-men, harai-men, and ai-ouchi-men. For advanced training, we taught kote-suriage-men. It was surprisingly easier this time than previous attempts. Still need to work on charging after landing the hit. We finished with ji-geiko.

No comments:

Post a Comment