Friday, November 28, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 630-631

Day 630:

I got a package of supplies today, so the business took up some time. I only had time for 2 sets of Iaido and then three more kata. I do feel a little better, but the sore throat won’t go away totally.

In Kendo class, Sensei decided to ratchet up the intensity for endurance training. After kihon, we went straight into nidan-waza. We practiced kote-men, debana-kote, kote-suriage-men, kakari-geiko, and the a few rounds of ji-geiko. I did well during keiko. Not too tired, pushing myself to move faster. At the end we finished with dreamlight. I got better at it, but I was exhausted.

Day 631:

There was no Sensei today because of the holiday. Still, I completed three sets of Iaido kata.

In Kendo, we performed okuri-ashi and then kihon. We then performed a series of drills to sharpen up our kote-waza. We then practiced kote, kote-men, ai-ouchi-men, ai-kote-kote-men, harai-men, and then ji-geiko.

Close to the end of practice, I got disciplined by Sensei. After I would practice a waza, he then followed up struck my shinai with a kiri-otoshi, and then struck my men. The point was that I was not adopting chudan after turning around. I was being lazy. I picked that up after helping to train the students. I need to not do that in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment