Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 624-625

Day 624:

In Iaido, I got to complete three sets of kata just in time for class to end. I kept my metsuke in the fifth kata better. I got to stop looking at the ki-saki.

At first I thought Kendo class would have been cancelled since only two students showed up. Still we had class. After warm-up and suburi, we spent the class practicing bokuto kata. It’s been a long time since this spring so I kept making mistakes in performing the kata. I kept thinking that doing the first kata actually counted as four kata. We used ji-geiko to finish the class.

Day 625:

In Iaido class, it went by fast. I only got to complete two full sets and then nine extra kata.

In Kendo, we had more students show up. We began the class with warm-ups, suburi, and okuri-ashi. We then performed kihon and several ni-dan waza. Men-debana-kote, kote-suriage-men, harai-men, and a new drill of kote-kaeshi-men. We then did some ji-geiko and kakari-geiko.

We also did a new drill. It’s called Dream Light. You do kiri-kaeshi-men-men-kote-doh-men-tai-atari-hiki-men- men-tai-atari-hiki-kote-men-tai-atari-hiki-doh-men-kiri-kaeshi and try not to die from heart failure. It’s a drill that’s encouraged to train for yon-dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment