Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 710-711

Day 710:

In Iaido class, I got an e-mail from sensei. He said that in the 5th kata, you grab the koiguchi directly. He also said that he commonly does the same mistake. It’s a good thing I have the official Iaido manual now.

In kendo, we had a small class. Sensei took over as our other nidan taught the newest beginners. He asked me to lead stretches and suburi. Then he taught a simple class in kihon and harai-men. The student that I taught has to stop about three-quarters through the class, but she did rei-hou with us at the end.

Day 711:

In Iaido, we had a slower start. Time seemed to pass by faster today for some reason. I only had time for 2.5 sets of kata.

In kendo, the student\nt I taught did not show up. I hope she did not give up. Still, we had a class today. After I led warm-ups and suburi, Sensei led a class in kihon and kote-men. There were two other beginners so we had plenty of uchikomi-geiko today.

No comments:

Post a Comment