Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 708-709

Day 708:

In Iaido, I felt distracted and the traffic delayed me arriving. I only had time to complete 2.5 sets of kata. I keep putting my hand on my obi instead of grabbing the koichi directly. I need to ask sensei about it.

In Kendo, we reviewed suri-ashi and kihon. I taught her kiri-kaeshi. She’s not very accurate with her strikes, but no beginner is. It takes practice.

I stepped into ji-geiko and found myself flying faster on my feet than usual. I got multiple good strikes on sensei.

Day 709:

In Iaido, I completed 2.5 sets of kata. I keep forgetting to ask sensei about grabbing the koichi or obi in the 5th kata.

In Kendo, we finished the beginner regimen and finished kiri-kaeshi training. We finished with a discussion of common Japanese words such as numbers and commands.

I finished Kendo by doing some ji-geiko. I feel I’m doing well. My strikes are much sharper because of needing to do demonstration strikes with the beginner.

No comments:

Post a Comment