Friday, August 7, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 702-703

Day 702:

I came back to class today. My back is still stiff and I don’t want to overdo it. I did 3 sets of kata. My first attempt at the eleventh kata was terrible. The horizontal cut was wobbly and awkward. Sensei corrected me saying that I should not step fully coming up on the third kata. I only slide my foot up to my right knee. He was right.

Next time I’ll go to Kendo class.

Day 703:

In Iaido class, I did 3.75 sets of kata. I really had a good day. There were visitors watching. It pushed me to be good.

In Kendo, Sensei asked me to teach the new beginner. It is my turn to teach. I taught her the basics of standing, holding the Sinai, chudan-no-kamae, suri-ashi, and 3-step men. She was really hesitant and timid. Hopefully this will get better.

We stopped with 15 minutes left in class. I should have stepped in for a few ji-geiko matches but I misread the clock. My back seems okay now, but really stiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment