Sunday, August 16, 2015

A Beginner's Point of View 704-705

Day 704:

I completed 3 full sets of kata in Iaido.

In Kendo, I continued to tech our beginner. I added a lesson on how to strike kote. We practiced our footwork and fixed our chudan-no-kamae.

At the end of class, I stepped in for ji-geiko. I did well. Moving very fast.

Day 705:

I completed 3 full sets of kata in Iaido.

In Kendo, we reviewed the lessons of men-ouchi and kote-ouchi. Smoothed out the suri-ashi. I then taught fumi-komi and added it to the men and kote strikes. We charged across the practice area over and over to add it in.

I stepped in for ji-geiko and did well. I noticed that my strikes were crisper, sharper, and faster. It was someone’s birthday, so we took turns with one-on-one ji-geiko. I brought the thunder and showed best spirit, but still I let her get a hit on me since she’s lower-ranking than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment