Saturday, May 28, 2016

A Beginner's Point of View 786-787

Day 786:

In Iaido class, I felt better in my leg. I completed 2.5 sets of kata.

In Kendo, it was a kata day. I always love kata best of all things. I was doing well today. I need to be closer for the kodachi kata.

In Kendo I was feeling very aggressive. I got in several very good hits in both waza and ji-geiko.

Day 787:

Today was a very hot and humid. Very hot and humid. It was in the 90’s temperature today. Still, I was energetic enough for 3 full sets of kata.

In Kendo, it was a hot day. Kiri-kaeshi, kihon, and tournament-style waza such as debana-kote and suriage-men. I had to step out due to overheating. Ouch, I nearly collapsed from heat.

However, some visitors came to practice with us. One of them was really unsatisfied with my tsuba-zeriai. She decided that during ji-geiko it was a good idea she should grab my shinai blade with her hand and move it around. What the $%^& is wrong with her? I really was very angry with her, but I tried not to yell at her. Instead, I just continued until the end of class and walked away. I refuse to listen to anything she does that would be an immediate hansoku.

To be fair, she was just trying to help. I shouldn’t have been angry at all. I know her. But still, it really made me instantly angry.

I’m not sure this blog is helping me anymore. I think I’ll continue for at least next week when we have our tournament and testing. I plan to test for sandan. I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t expect to pass first time like all my other promotion exams, but still I feel good in giving a strong offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment