Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 563-564

Day 563:

Finally, I get back to Iaido class. I haven’t been drawing and cutting for months. When I started practicing, I made some mistakes. I forgot to turn my right foot during the ninth kata before the tsuki. I tried to do big chiburi like in the first kata during the fourth kata. At least I remembered to do the big chiburi the gentle way, like in the seventh kata.

In basic Kendo class, we did kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, kkote-ouchi, doh-ouchi, and ji-geiko. I didn’t have to push myself towards exhaustion again. I could keep pace with the others. Three of the new students don’t even have uniforms, so I gave them double practice in waza to help them out.

Day 564:

No class today because of a family meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment