Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 567-568

Day 565:

Iaido class went swiftly. Three sets of kata plus a couple of iterations of the first and fifth kata to practice saya-biki.

In Kendo, the dojo became very hot and stuffy. One of the younger students asked that we close all of the windows, despite the heat. Sensei thought it was a good idea and we closed the windows.

We did endless repetitions of kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, doh-ouchi, and kakari-geiko. Sensei told me during class that I was sighing right before I attack. I should not be doing that. If I must exhale, then I should kiai for advantage instead. Just sighing lowers my energy and shows weakness.

At the end of practice, I nearly felt dizzy and light-headed from the heat. After changing into my street clothes, I noticed that my face and forehead poured sweat since it was not covered by the tenugui.

Day 566:

No class today because of a blister on the bottom of my foot. I’m resting it to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment