Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Beginner's Point of View 598-599

Day 598:

No class today as I am not well.

Day 599:

Iaido class went fast today. It was cooler and less humid than usual. I completed my three sets and did a few spare random kata to keep sharp. Today the lesson was “drop your right hand before moving back”.

In Kendo, we again skipped okuri-ashi after suburi. I’m thinking I’d like to go back to it. My fumi-komi just isn’t synchronized well. Still, we had a lot of people show up, so I was rotating with the receivers again.

Drills for the day went right into kiri-kaeshi, men-ouchi, kote-ouchi, and doh-ouchi. I even got to go through ji-geiko with many students and a couple of instructors without needing to sit out. That went well.

I decided not to tell the dojo that it was my birthday tomorrow. Going 40 seconds per person consecutively with no break doesn’t sound good for me.

We had a couple of visitors from years ago when they were members of our dojo. Something was wrong because they each took turns stepping out for different reasons. Maybe they’ve been out of practice for a while or maybe they pushed an injury. Either way it was nice to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment