Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Beginner's Point of View 774-775

Day 774:

In Iaido, I had to slow down and do the breathing. This means I only got to complete two sets of kata. Sensei gave a lecture about how in hasso-no-kamae our left hand is in front of the solar plexus. I might be holding it too high.

Sensei was still too injured to teach the class, so he asked me to teach it. My throat was sore today, so I thought I could just skip Kendo and go home. I guess not.

I led the class with okuri-ashi, kiri-kaeshi, and kihon. The whole time I focused on zanshin. The class is getting lazy after the strike and just walking around. We need to strike well, pass by and then turn around with kiai. Also, the motodachi needs to follow the kakarite to issoku-ittou-no-maai to speed up the waza. We finished with ji-geiko. I used my belly to talk more than my throat, so I hope that will help not hurt myself more.

Day 775:

No class today as I am ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment