Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A Beginner's Point of View 772-773

Day 772:

In Iaido I did 2.3 sets of kata. Then Sensei reminded me for chiburi in the first two kata, I need to have the ki-saki lower than my knee. I thought I was doing it but I guess I need to remember to do that.

Sensei had been to a tournament over the weekend and he was devoid of energy. Our other nidan and myself ran the class. We decided to stick with fundamentals. We did lots of kiri-kaeshi to fix the motion and make it smoother. We also focused on issokou-ittou-no-maai. Kiri-kaeshi, kihon, kote-men, and kote-doh. Kote-doh really requires you to have good maai to strike well. Several rounds of ji-geiko finished class. I got whacked in the arms and legs several times.

Our shodan had passed the shinsa over the weekend and is now a nidan. We have three nidans now. I guess we should now rotate teaching classes and beginners.

Day 773:

No class today because my left big toe is injured. I can’t even walk well, much less charge forward without great pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment